Phylomon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Card Mock Ups (mainly due to WIRED piece deadline which is monday morning BTW!)

+9
ginasketch
rageofanath
jleeger
Pikachu
ensimismada
 naturalismus
Brenda
Cubist
davehwng
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Card Mock Ups (mainly due to WIRED piece deadline which is monday morning BTW!) - Page 2 Empty A New Mockup

Post  glunsforddavis Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:12 am

PDF at this link: http://file.radioonfire.com/northern_cardinal_001_view_opt.pdf

I've been working on a design based on the existing one. I added a background texture and some other visual flare. I also added names of the associated terrains in addition to graphics (labels below stats as well). After seeing what others have posted here, I agree it would be better to move the Creative Commons icons to the bottom. (Where they are now, they look somehow relevant to the game.)

There are comments attached, but you may or may not need actual Adobe Reader to see them. If visible, they can be easily turned off (in the Comments menu) to view the image by itself.

I would love feedback. If desired, I can provide information about any source elements and/or the original Illustrator template I created as well. I am perfectly willing to provide this design free of any IP claim, so feel free to modify or dismantle as you will. If you're really interested in that, feel free to contact me, as this is an optimized PDF, so it has a lot of useful invisible content removed.

My least favorite part is the terrain graphics at the bottom of the card. I don't know what the answer to that is yet, and at least part of the problem is that I made my own graphics for these; they are a bit uneven.

As a disclaimer, I didn't draw that excellent Northern Cardinal; I found it among the submitted images in the Phylo Flickr pool.

Last edited by glunsforddavis on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to include the link to the file. D'oh!)

glunsforddavis

Back to top Go down

Card Mock Ups (mainly due to WIRED piece deadline which is monday morning BTW!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Card Mock Ups (mainly due to WIRED piece deadline which is monday morning BTW!)

Post  Forbidding Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:23 pm

WOW glunsforddavis! It looks really great and proffesional.
Forbidding
Forbidding

http://Forbidding.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Card Mock Ups (mainly due to WIRED piece deadline which is monday morning BTW!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Card Mock Ups (mainly due to WIRED piece deadline which is monday morning BTW!)

Post  davehwng Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:46 pm

That's a great design.

glunsfordavis: could I get you to repost that comment on a new thread for possible "print" designs. As outlined earlier, the simplified look of the cards right now is primarily due to how they are dynamically made (via CSS formatting, which works normally through pixels and straightline boundaries).

There's a possibility that we can embed a background image template instead of using a colour, but will have to wait for someone to step up and try out that wordpress tweak.

davehwng
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  glunsforddavis Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Moved discussion of print designs for cards, including my mock up, to the following topic:
https://phylomon.forumotion.net/phylomon-f1/card-mock-ups-for-printing-t38.htm#342

glunsforddavis

Back to top Go down

Post  davehwng Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Thanks!

davehwng
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Monox D. I-Fly Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:54 am

Cubist wrote:Card Mock Ups (mainly due to WIRED piece deadline which is monday morning BTW!) - Page 2 Phylo-10

I prefer this layout. The classification is really specific going from kingdom until species. With the current one, children don't know which cards are called canines, felines, ursids, cetaceans, etc.

Monox D. I-Fly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2