Phylomon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was away for a bit, but now I'm back!

2 posters

Go down

Was away for a bit, but now I'm back! Empty Was away for a bit, but now I'm back!

Post  davehwng Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:38 pm

Sorry for the absence - I've been a away for a bit, getting ready for a sabbatical move to London's Natural History Museum (where the phylo project will get a chance for some serious biodiversity research immersion!).

Anyway, will look over all the past developments over the last weeks. Thanks to everyone (especially Fenslorai) keeping the discussion going! I did a quick look and there's a lot of interesting stuff!

davehwng
Admin

Back to top Go down

Was away for a bit, but now I'm back! Empty Re: Was away for a bit, but now I'm back!

Post  fenrislorsrai Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:50 pm

If you can get the scoring update thing integrated into the database by the end of the day Sunday, I would love you forever. I need to drop stuff at the printer on Monday so I can have it in hand for event I'm running next week. My home printer just is not up to the task of printing that many decks...
fenrislorsrai
fenrislorsrai

http://www.rainydaypaperback.com

Back to top Go down

Was away for a bit, but now I'm back! Empty Re: Was away for a bit, but now I'm back!

Post  davehwng Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Will try my best - I've a class of 7 year olds coming to the lab tomorrow, and then it's father's day weekend in Canada. I'll look over tonight and access what's doable.

Did you get the sense that your scoring system is working pretty well?

A possible quick fix is to for us to simply add "POINTS:" in the top part of the text field, and then one can fill later?

Let me know and we'll go from there.

cheers
dave

p.s. keep the receipt for your printing - might be able to help recover some of those costs.

davehwng
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fenrislorsrai Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:01 am

The scoring system seems to be working near perfect as is. What we're basically looking for is with two players of equal skill with equal decks to score very closely together. J and I have been swapping back and forth pretty tightly on the scoring.

Since you don't want the 10 point spread, I can tighten it down to start with a lower number.

I'll send you a file with a bunch of calculated values.
fenrislorsrai
fenrislorsrai

http://www.rainydaypaperback.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum