Phylomon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to show credit on the main website

Go down

How to show credit on the main website Empty How to show credit on the main website

Post  davehwng Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:12 am

As the main website is getting ready to exhibit, I wanted to ask what is the best way of keeping track of contributions (you can check it out at http://phylogame.msl.ubc.ca although note that the URL will be changing early next week)

Right now, we have a pretty good mechanism for crediting artistic work, but for the game development and general "this person has just passed on a brilliant idea" thing, I wasn't sure what's best.

Couple ideas.

- Straight up link to comment or forum thread comment where idea was initiated on the website.

- A section, where we list heavy weights in the forum and comments section. I think with the forum I can track this relatively easily (i.e. number of comments left, etc).

- Space on the website, specifically for mini-bios of heavy weight contributors (again as access by number of comments, or images submitted, etc).

Let me know what you think.

cheers
dave

davehwng
Admin

Back to top Go down