Phylomon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coral Reef Deck Questions

2 posters

Go down

Coral Reef Deck Questions Empty Coral Reef Deck Questions

Post  Zooxanthellae Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:15 pm

Hi there,

My son & I have a couple questons regarding playing Phylo with the Coral Reef Deck.

1. The rules in the PDF say "Place two ZOOXANTHELLAE CARDS in the center. ONE FACING EACH PLAYER." Are those the only starting cards? How does the "Home" card that's also included in the PDF fit in? (It's not mentioned in the instructions.)

2. Does each player need a complete Coral Reef Deck of their own? Or do 2 players share one Coral Reef Deck?

Any clarification you can provide would be appreciated. Smile

Zooxanthellae

Back to top Go down

Coral Reef Deck Questions Empty Re: Coral Reef Deck Questions

Post  davehwng Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:46 am

Yeah, sorry for the confusion - the WSF decided to add the two home cards as an add-on (for branding presumably), but technically the Zooxanthellae are the best cards to use as home cards (i.e. it would be most scientifically literate given the pivotal role that this species has in coral ecosystems). Still, that doesn't mean you can't use the WSF cards as home cards (it'll still work)

In terms of one or two decks, one deck should be enough for about a 20-30 minute game, and average size coffee tables. Still playable with two decks, but it will take longer and also likely take up more space. You can also add an additional layer of strategy with each player downloading a deck, but limiting the card numbers that you use to 24 or so each (i.e. you customize your deck).

Hope this helps!

davehwng
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  davehwng Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:50 am

Oh yeah - forgot to mention - we're hoping to have the Coral Deck available for purchase (in a basically revenue neutral manner) by the summer. This way, there's an opportunity to get a high quality version of the deck.

davehwng
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zooxanthellae Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks for the info!

Zooxanthellae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down