Phylomon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mangrove Trees

4 posters

Go down

Mangrove Trees Empty Mangrove Trees

Post  Draco18s Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:21 am

I got to play this on Saturday and rather enjoyed it (my partner and I eco-devestated each other into near-oblivion) and I noticed a lack of plants that could survive (some) disasters; eg the Mangrove tree (what's that? A flood? Pfft, my trees will survive).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangrove

Plant, freshwater, saltwater, and "forest" with "warm" and "hot" climates.

Of course, I would suggest checking the balanace on an all-plant deck. It could, in theory, survive anything you throw at it with minor losses.

Draco18s

Back to top Go down

Mangrove Trees Empty Re: Mangrove Trees

Post  fenrislorsrai Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:12 pm

Hi Draco, glad you found the forum!

I will post a full report of all the playtesting I did at AC with Draco and others in the bext few days after I unpack. My notes are in here... somewhere.

Oevrall this was a comment I got alot with the playtesting that there wasn't much available for freshwater habitats that overlapped with other habitats. This is mostly an issue with the card production queue.

If people with more time on their hands than me want to take a look at the available art and leave suggested game text on the cards, that would be great. See cards here:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/phylomon/

Leave the habitats it can be found in, the climate, any special abilities you think it should have and an amusing (but age appropriate) factoid such as "the Cuban Solenodon diverged from other mammals 76 million years ago.... before the dinosaurs died out".

(solendodons are awesome. How can you not love a poisonous, echolocating mammal that's reappeared after being declared extinct? It's the zombie animal of Haiti!)
fenrislorsrai
fenrislorsrai

http://www.rainydaypaperback.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco18s Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:08 pm

Yup, I found the forums!

Wasn't too hard. Razz

And wish I could help out with categorizing the art, but I've already got too many projects of my own!

Draco18s

Back to top Go down

Post  picks-at-flies Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:26 am

"Ask a busy man" seems to be credo of my week. Or woman.

picks-at-flies

Back to top Go down

Post  davehwng Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm

If you happen to find something on deviant art, or elsewhere (i.e. the public domain stuff), shoot me a link. I've got a standard permissions letter I can sent to see if I can get images where copyright is more restrictive.

davehwng
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum