Phylomon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O.K. Introduce yourself please...

+48
holmesjtg
pterosaur
keiyoshi
Bonobo0224
Joesixpack
paralith
hippocrat
Giacca
Circaea
amandak695
Tangram
TDang
picks-at-flies
Lundefaul
glunsforddavis
TheCharles
scr280
Grethal
Silver Adept
Alf
Wootfish
kafkadreams
paulscribbles
ginasketch
delirium
ensimismada
jintolain
Abradford
Paleo_Orca
fenrislorsrai
msiwoski
AnD
Brenda
SparkleHorse
Psi Wavefunction
Tindi
jjwright49
arjunknanda
Vivienne
changisme
rageofanath
painteddigital
Pikachu
kogia
joannealisonfox
rawrchiteuthis
davehwng
phylomonadmin
52 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

O.K. Introduce yourself please... - Page 3 Empty Re: O.K. Introduce yourself please...

Post  paralith Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Hello! I'm an evolutionary anthropology graduate student, I've got a BSc in Biology and a MSc in Ev Anth. I read about this project on the Science Creative Quarterly and I think it's a fabulous idea. Not sure how exactly I can help but I'm definitely going to stick my nose in and see what I can do.

I also played the pokemon games up into college, and have actually been contemplating picking up one of the newer ones to play through. It can happen to grad students too!
paralith
paralith

Back to top Go down

O.K. Introduce yourself please... - Page 3 Empty Hi, I'm neither a scientist nor an artist

Post  Joesixpack Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:31 pm

I have two sons who will talk about the F@#*ing Pokimon all day long if I let them. I would rather they new more about the real world than the BS world of some game.

When I first saw the Phylomon game I almost exploded with excitement. I am trying to figure out how to get these printed up for my sons school. I am unclear what the copyright agreement is and how one is supposed to go about producing more than a couple of decks for personal use. I hope I can get some help here.

Joesixpack

Back to top Go down

O.K. Introduce yourself please... - Page 3 Empty Re: O.K. Introduce yourself please...

Post  Bonobo0224 Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:39 pm

I'm Dave. I'm currently working on my Bachelor's in biology so I can teach it at the highschool level. I also play far too much D&D, Traveler(cause chargen should be lethal too!), and MTG for my own good.

Bonobo0224

Back to top Go down

O.K. Introduce yourself please... - Page 3 Empty hello there

Post  keiyoshi Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:45 pm

Oh hi everyone, I am Fikry from Malaysia. A graduate in chemical engineering. I love art and sciences - in which i put my passion in photography. I also doodling sometimes and work with my tablet - but it's nowhere near to talented artist i found on the net. I am very excited to be part of this team and very looking forward to put forth my energy if needed Very Happy i've seen some of you have played pokemon and i do too. i played some other games as well. still playing tho.

I have the similar idea of rarity - which maybe can be relate to some of subspecies (like Monster Hunter game in PSP or cards games etc. etc). I haven't go through the whole lot yet as there is much more for me to read and understand but i couldn't hide my excitement to know more of this. It might be better if the card is accessible to all, but the rules might have to curb the usage of the rare species (or endangered) so it could raised awareness to the species. might as well put special moves on them, make them highly appreciated. to counterback, plan a several small species (like bacteria or viruses) that could counter this rare species. it might creates balance and kids will know that power doesn't always lie on something big (like rarity). just my thought.

Also, I found out a few links that relate to a certain places. What if the starter deck occupy a certain region? for example, it might refer to continent or specific region like amazon or sahara? that would sound more like MtG (Magic the Gathering).

oh god i have a lot of things to discuss but i'll read around first.
anyway, i hope to learn and to give my service (be it ideas or work) to aid this project Very Happy

keiyoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  pterosaur Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:01 pm

Hello there,

Professor at the University of South Florida and paleontologist. Phylo combines my love of systematics and card games. I am interested in adding some extinct species cards and decks centered around key time periods in the evolution of life and earth. I am currently working with some of my students to design a deck on the origin of life and Archean life.

pterosaur

Back to top Go down

O.K. Introduce yourself please... - Page 3 Empty Hi all

Post  holmesjtg Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:00 pm

Greetings everyone! My name is Jeff Holmes and I work at Harvard University on a project called the Encyclopedia of Life (eol.org). EOL is an international collaboration to aggregate Creative Commons licensed information about all species on Earth on a free, curated website. We are interested in exploring how EOL can contribute to this amazing effort and perhaps support the creating of new cards based on EOL content.

holmesjtg

Back to top Go down

Post  jbrydle Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi, I'm Jesse Brydle, science facilitator and educator at Science World in Vancouver. We're working on an urban wildlife themed Phylo deck, and I am involved in that project.

jbrydle

Back to top Go down

O.K. Introduce yourself please... - Page 3 Empty Hello

Post  TheThoughtNinja Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi, I'm the ninja of thoughts-- The Thought Ninja. I'm a hiker and computer programmer.

I've taught all my friends how to play Phylo. It's one of our favorite card games.

TheThoughtNinja

Back to top Go down

Post  Monox D. I-Fly Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:09 am

I am Monox D. I-Fly. Stumbled upon this site when I was looking for educational Trading Card Games for my thesis reference. In my thesis, I made a mathematic-themed Trading Card Game.

Monox D. I-Fly

Back to top Go down

Post  Jorge Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:57 pm

HI, My name is Jorge, im from Chile, Southamerica. i'm an Ecologist with a Environmental Education Diploma and a Masters degree in Wildlife Areas & Conservation Nature.

...i've been a long time Board/Card/PC gamer and this just triggersme on the right ways. I love the idea of improving a game to aid on two factors: 1) as an Education Tool and 2) as a fun game with complex and meaningful system and mechanics.

...I noticed that this forum looks empty. maybe the project is dying or ..really don't know. I just would love to see this moving on more and in time contribute to it from my side of the world (Chile). My main prps atm is to build a gameset based on ecosystems from Chile and would love to make it in Spanish so others over here can enjoy and learn from our Nature.

SALUDOS! Smile
Jorge
Jorge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum