Phylomon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About card content

5 posters

Go down

About card content Empty About card content

Post  Wootfish Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Many new cards, like the Fennec Fox one or the Northern Bluefin Tuna one, have trivia text (underground dens, 40 million eggs) listed right under the actual gameplay data with the exact same formatting. It would probably be a good idea to differentiate flavor text from gameplay data somehow to avoid confusion.

Also, sometimes flavor text has quotes around it and sometimes it doesn't. It would be a good idea to standardize one way or another. Personally, I don't think it should have quotes, as it's an improper use of them. But using them to differentiate flavor text from actual gameplay data might make sense. Alternately, something like parentheses or brackets could be used.

[ One thing that could look really good might be to put trivia inside square brackets, with a space between the text and each bracket, like so. ]
Wootfish
Wootfish

Back to top Go down

About card content Empty Re: About card content

Post  Forbidding Sat May 22, 2010 10:28 pm

I really like the brackets idea.
Forbidding
Forbidding

http://Forbidding.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post   naturalismus Sat May 22, 2010 10:35 pm

I like this idea too. I would prefer braces
 naturalismus
 naturalismus

Back to top Go down

Post  davehwng Sun May 23, 2010 4:07 am

Great comment! Will see if we can think of way of making these "trivia" type notes more distinct (I noticed in lots of other card games, there's kind of a smaller font, italic thing that goes on near the bottom of the card?)

I'm also in the midst of bringing in a few undergraduate volunteers to look after some of the grunt work in setting up cards. This is where I hope people will start to learn to comment directly on the card posts where specific errors can be highlighted, or suggestions can be made.

davehwng
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wootfish Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:24 am

Any progress on specific markup for trivia? Because I noticed the new cards still don't have any marks.
Wootfish
Wootfish

Back to top Go down

Post  Cubist Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:36 am

Since you're using CSS to make the cards pretty, it might be appropriate to work up a special CSS tag to decorate the trivia/'flavor' text. Something in this general neighborhood might be suitable:
Code:
<style media="screen" type="text/css">
  .trivia    { background-color: aqua; padding: 6px; border: solid 1px black }
</style>

Cubist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down