Phylomon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Card Types

5 posters

Go down

Card Types Empty Card Types

Post  Forbidding Sat May 22, 2010 8:17 pm

I believe there was a discussion on having cards that would counter negative environmental challenges. I think cards that would further assist a player should be added, such as being able to draw more cards or if animal has a symbiosis as long as you have one of them in your hand you may search your deck for the other.

I think this would be similar to Pokémon’s trainer cards or Xeko's boost/xeko cards.
Forbidding
Forbidding

http://Forbidding.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Card Types Empty Re: Card Types

Post  davehwng Sun May 23, 2010 4:19 am

Related to this, we recently got an image that had an "escape" type feel to it. I was thinking this could be a positive event card where a player gets extra moves or something...

davehwng
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wootfish Sun May 23, 2010 4:37 am

Escape? What d'you mean? Could you link the image?
Wootfish
Wootfish

Back to top Go down

Post  davehwng Sun May 23, 2010 4:49 am

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21895751@N08/4625570335/

The escape bit is just an idea right now - the image just had that kind of feel to it.

davehwng
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wootfish Sun May 23, 2010 5:13 am

Ah, I see. I wasn't quite sure what you meant by the word.

That's quite a morbid image, what with the shadow-bunny in the flames...

Perhaps the card could destroy an environment chain, but grant all creatures on it +x moves and let them survive if they can immediately move to another habitat that will support them.

Edit - afterthought: it would have to be specified what order the cards are moved in, because that could affect whether or not a certain card has any viable moves available.
Wootfish
Wootfish

Back to top Go down

Post  Cubist Sun May 23, 2010 5:44 am

Forbidding wrote:I believe there was a discussion on having cards that would counter negative environmental challenges. I think cards that would further assist a player should be added, such as being able to draw more cards or if animal has a symbiosis as long as you have one of them in your hand you may search your deck for the other.

I think this would be similar to Pokémon’s trainer cards or Xeko's boost/xeko cards.
I agree that "good stuff" cards are a Good Idea. And "good stuff" cards aren't just found in Pokemon or Xeko; you can find plenty of them in Magic: The Addiction, or Cosmic Encounter, or...
Anywho, I suggest that just as Phylo should have 'Hazard' cards which screw over the player(s) they're played on, so should Phylo also have... call them 'Benefit' cards? ...well, by whatever name, Phylo should have cards that make life easier for the player(s) they're played on.

Cubist

Back to top Go down

Post  Forbidding Sun May 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Related to this, we recently got an image that had an "escape" type feel to it. I was thinking this could be a positive event card where a player gets extra moves or something...

Perhaps this could be used to move a prey animal away from a predatory animal or to get rid off an environmental challenge or move all animals away from it (oil spill card is a good example for this).
Forbidding
Forbidding

http://Forbidding.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCharles Mon May 24, 2010 4:10 am

This is basically a spinoff of the thread I made before about "safeguard" cards. I think it may be easiest to group all these cards into an "Events" group, where some are challenges as they stand now, some are counters to challenges, and some are neutral, such as drawing cards or extra movements.

*edit* after looking through the cards again, it seems like all the challenge cards were renamed event cards. Forget I said anything about that.

TheCharles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down